Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Perfect Example of the Secret of a Successful Marriage

It never ceases to amaze me how much being close to Jehovah can change your personality. I expected myself to react to a recent situation like my mother always did with everything dramatic: Explode and attack with a lecture fueled by fear and passion. Not only that, but it was something that I knew I was right about and being lied to about and yet...I didn't even think of saying I told you so. Nor did I rub the mistake in his face.
I, in fact, shouldered part of the blame from Jehovah's point of view. A wife should respect her husband, no matter how hard it can be to do so. And I hadn't been, which led to part of the problem. I humbled myself, and even though I have a natural instinct to react impulsively when it involves me being lied to, I calmly talked and listened. This had great effectiveness.
And if it hadn't been for that prayer to Jehovah to help me act the way I should, I NEVER would have handled that right. But I did. And I'm proud of it and have only Jehovah to thank. Now we can go on from here together, instead of being enemies, as I know happens most of the time in the world. Pitiful and not surprising without Jehovah.
Seriously. For me, a successful marriage would be impossible without Him. And I am in NO way exaggerating. Everyone in the world that knew me previously is surprised it even lasted this long. Maybe one day they'll actually get curious enough to find out why...

-T

No comments:

Post a Comment